This a sponsored job posting.
Pacific College of Health and Science is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of adjunct faculty in the Health and Human Performance program at our San Diego /Online Campus.
Our current opening is for the following course:
In this Interpersonal Skills course, students hone their coach-client communication and interpersonal skills. Students research personality types and traits and consider the role of empathy, intuition, compassion and body language in the coaching relationship. Students learn how to assess clients’ natural strengths and potential areas for development for the purpose of supporting their peak performance goals.
We are seeking a faculty member with exceptional communication skills who has a passion for teaching, and whose enthusiasm for the subject matter will be an inspiration to our students. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate deep knowledge in coaching and interpersonal skills. Experience in synchronous and asynchronous teaching and online learning is required.
Job Summary: The successful candidate serves as a subject matter expert within their assigned discipline. Experience with personality assessments and ICF competencies is a must.
- International Coaching Federation (ICF) certification
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Terminal degree required for graduate courses, with at least 18 credit hours required in the field of study delivered.
- Professional experience in coaching in diverse populations (at least 3-5 years).
- Experience teaching in asynchronous and synchronous online environments
- Master’s degree in psychology or equivalent
- PhD in psychology or equivalent
- Extensive experience in university level online asynchronous and synchronous teaching preferred (2-5 years).
- Experience with Zoom, Moodle, Share-point or other learning management platforms (preferred)
- An extensive teaching resume coupled with a student-centered teaching philosophy
- Prior student course evaluations in psychology or coaching
- Familiarity with instructional technology
Application deadline: June 11th, 2021. To apply, please send a detailed cover letter describing qualifications and resume/CV, to John Murphy at Jmurphy@pacificcollege.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org
Pacific College of Health and Science is one of the oldest and largest accredited institutions training professionals in integrative medicine, more particularly in Chinese medicine, acupuncture, holistic nursing, massage therapy, human performance, public health education, and herbal medicine, including medical cannabis. Founded in 1986, Pacific College is home to beautiful campuses and busy clinics in New York, San Diego, and Chicago and a rapidly growing online division. Pacific College features an esteemed faculty of over 200 professors from around the globe, which conduct ongoing research and educate approximately 2000 students every year.
After 30+ years, the College underwent a rebranding and name change transition in 2020, designed to accommodate the rapid expansion of program offerings and student population.
We offer the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals. We are committed to creating a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students.
Pacific College of Health and Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of their qualifications for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status, or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.