Pacific College of Health and Science is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of mentor coach / adjunct faculty in the Health and Human Performance program at our San Diego /Online Campus.
Our current opening is for the following course:
Health and Human Performance Coaching (HHPC): Professional skills (Mentor Coach)
Description: In our Professional Skills course, business skills are taught through the lens of the ICF core competencies. Students practice coaching skills on common business challenges and develop success strategies. Group and individual mentor coaching are provided by credentialed mentor coaches to refine and further develop skills in the application of the ICF core competencies. Students are required to complete three mentor coaching sessions outside of class.
We are seeking a mentor coach with exceptional communication skills who has a passion for teaching/mentoring, and whose enthusiasm for the subject matter will be an inspiration to our students.
Job Summary: Mentor Coach for Health and Human Performance Coaching (HHPC): Professional skills.
1. Focus on core competency development by reviewing and providing oral and written feedback on a series of the student’s coaching sessions.
2. Provide specific verbal and/or written feedback, using targeted examples from the sessions.
3. Listens beyond content to discern application of the skills related to the core competencies (i.e. skill versus direction, skill versus style or skill versus outcome for the client.)
4. Listens equally for strengths and areas for growth
5. Has a working knowledge of the assessment tools used by the ICF in the evaluation of recorded coaching sessions used in the credentialing exam process.
6. Listens both for the presence of individual competencies and for the overall totality of skill level.
7. Has the ability to distinguish which critical underlying competency (s) may be giving rise to ineffective or limited coaching impact.
8. Can discern and articulate the gap between levels of skill demonstrated and next skill level to attain.
9. Articulates with specific detail and examples, what is being observed and the specific development needed to move to the next skill level, delivered with sensitivity to the impact of the feedback.
10. Offers feedback that is relevant to each specific coaching core competency, recognizing strengths as well as potential growth areas.
· International Coaching Federation (ICF) PCC certification or higher
· International Coaching Federation (ICF) Mentor coach training
· Business related degree or professional experience
· Experience mentor coaching
· Master’s degree in business or equivalent
· Extensive experience in university level online asynchronous and synchronous teaching preferred (2-5 years).
· Experience with Zoom, Moodle, Share-point or other learning management platforms (preferred)
Application deadline: June 17th, 2022. To apply, please send a detailed cover letter describing qualifications and resume/CV, to Dawn DeFrancesco at
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Pacific College of Health and Science is one of the oldest and largest accredited institutions training professionals in integrative medicine, more particularly in Chinese medicine, acupuncture, holistic nursing, massage therapy, human performance, public health education, and herbal medicine, including medical cannabis. Founded in 1986, Pacific College is home to beautiful campuses and busy clinics in New York, San Diego, and Chicago and a rapidly growing online division. Pacific College features an esteemed faculty of over 200 professors from around the globe, which conduct ongoing research and educate approximately 2000 students every year. After 30+ years, the College underwent a rebranding and name change transition in 2020, designed to accommodate the rapid expansion of program offerings and student population.
We offer the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals. We are committed to creating a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students.
Pacific College of Health and Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of their qualifications for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status, or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.