Written by Lynn Levis and Diana Long
In 2019, we enjoyed high caliber speakers and educational programming that stretched us, challenged us, and help us grow as coaches and individuals. We want to personally thank each and every speaker for contributing their time and expertise to the growth of our community.
We offered six educational programs this year, coordinated by our Director of Programming, Diana Long:
- In January, Anne Egseth and Stefano Olmeti had all of us up and moving, learning about somatic competence for elevating coaching presence in this interesting and interactive session.
- Mary Andrews and Brian Conlon joined us in March and encouraged us to ‘play big’ and more deeply explore goal setting and managing progress and accountability. They taught us how to ask more empowering questions so that our clients can tap their inner motivation for action plans.
- In May, Sezin Hason facilitated an experience using Points of You, a card deck based on phototherapy that serves to expand one’s point of view, create new awareness, and build connections with one-on-one clients and groups. With our partner-sharing and then full-room debriefs, we had a dynamic and lively discussion.
- September's presentation was all about agile coaching, and Alicia McLain and John Eisenschmidt provided an overview of how this process is used for guiding teams in organizations to create effective outcomes.
- Aleksey Groshenko and Souheyla Ford took us on a journey in October, teaching us how to understand different levels of the spiral dynamic model, helping to make it relative to where we see ourselves and others. We had the opportunity to have table discussions, exploring new ways to ask questions based on different levels.
- We were honored to host Doug Riddle in November. He challenged us to look through a metaphorical lens with our clients, and we stretched ourselves as coaches to go beyond just asking questions about the client's story and rather to play with metaphors.
Please join me in thanking each speaker that shared their expertise with our Chapter in 2019!
PS. As many of you know, we've also done a number of Networkshops -- lightly facilitated networking and learning events at which you all bring your expertise and share it with the group! These events are a continuous success thanks to our Director of Membership, John Murphy, and he'd love your feedback on these events and what topics you'd like to see in 2020. Feel free to contact him and share your ideas!